Commissioner leads on deal to deliver an additional £2m for Cambridgeshire police force
- Credit: Archant
Police and Crime Commissioner, Jason Ablewhite has led the signing of a deal which could save Cambridgeshire’s police force £2 million a year.
The procurement deal, signed last Friday (15th March) with six other police forces and Police and Crime Commissioners allows the Constabulary to secure the best deals and discounts on support services from cars to uniforms.
The work is part of the 7Force Strategic Collaboration Programme which includes Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Norfolk and Suffolk police forces who are working together to enhance policing services to the public by driving out further efficiency and effectiveness.
Police and Crime Commissioner, Jason Ablewhite said: “As Chairman of both the National Commercial Board for Policing and the Seven Force Oversight Group, I have ensured that forces across the UK will benefit from joined up procurement.
“All forces are stretched on resources and group purchasing allows us to negotiate better deals bringing long term benefits, whether we are talking about Tasers or radios.
You may also want to watch:
“This deal will ensure we get the best value and quality possible to support our police officers.”
The deal marks the first major announcement from the 7Force collaboration launched in 2015, completed by Essex, Norfolk, Bedfordshire, Suffolk, Hertfordshire and Kent police forces.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
For more details visit: www.cambridgeshire-pcc.gov.uk/accessing-information/collaboration/