Appeal after cyclist suffers serious injuries in collision
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information following a collision in Potton Road, Hilton, today (Tuesday).
At about 7.05am a white Mercedes Sprinter van was involved in a collision with a cyclist.
The cyclist, a man in his 50s, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, with what police described as serious injuries.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “Officers are keen to speak to anyone who witnessed what happened, or saw the van or cyclist in the moments leading up to the collision.”
A team from Magpas air ambulance also attended.
A spokesman for the charity said: “Magpas Doctor Rod Mackenzie and paramedic Dan Cody landed in a rural location via the Magpas air ambulance. They had been called to treat a man who had been seriously injured in a collision between a car and a bicycle.
“The Magpas enhanced medical team assessed the patient who had sustained multiple serious injuries. They placed the man into a medically induced coma at the scene before airlifting him to Addenbrooke’s Hospital. The patient was in a very serious but stable condition upon arrival.”
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
Anyone with information should call 101 and ask to speak to the Road Policing Unit, quoting reference CC-17072018-0078. Alternatively report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report.