Appeal after cyclist suffers serious injuries in collision
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information following a collision in Potton Road, Hilton, today (Tuesday).
At about 7.05am a white Mercedes Sprinter van was involved in a collision with a cyclist.
The cyclist, a man in his 50s, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, with what police described as serious injuries.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “Officers are keen to speak to anyone who witnessed what happened, or saw the van or cyclist in the moments leading up to the collision.”
A team from Magpas air ambulance also attended.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the charity said: “Magpas Doctor Rod Mackenzie and paramedic Dan Cody landed in a rural location via the Magpas air ambulance. They had been called to treat a man who had been seriously injured in a collision between a car and a bicycle.
“The Magpas enhanced medical team assessed the patient who had sustained multiple serious injuries. They placed the man into a medically induced coma at the scene before airlifting him to Addenbrooke’s Hospital. The patient was in a very serious but stable condition upon arrival.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 7 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
Anyone with information should call 101 and ask to speak to the Road Policing Unit, quoting reference CC-17072018-0078. Alternatively report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report.