Hundreds of people across Huntingdonshire put the kettle on and raised vital cash for Macmillan at coffee mornings
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people across Huntingdonshire made coffee and cakes on Friday to support the Macmillan World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
The nationwide event, held in September each year, is the charity's largest fund-raiser and has raised millions of pounds over the years.
In our local area there were coffee mornings at various business and community organisations and here is a round-up of some of them.
Staff at Hinchingbrooke Hospital held a coffee morning in the Woodlands Centre, which was attended by staff and patients and the trust's chief executive Caroline Walker. The hospital said it had an "impressive turnout" and handed over £750 to Macmillan.
Just more than £113 was raised by staff, readers and advertisers who bought coffee and cakes at the Hunts Post coffee morning.
You may also want to watch:
Leaders Estate Agents, in St Ives, raised £70.
Staff, parents and pupils at Crosshall Junior School raised £1,033.30 at their coffee morning. One pupil, John Kappes, ran his own stall selling biscuits in memory of his gran who died from cancer. He remembered Macmillan nurses coming to his house and supporting the family. John also had some help from his mum, Anna.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Staff at Lovetts Sales & Lettings, in St Neots, held their coffee morning on Friday.
There were also coffee mornings at Spire Dental, in St Neots, and Abbots Ripton Village Hall.