Co op provides a helping hand to St Neots cancer support group
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Acorn Cancer Support Group received a £1,000 donation from the Co Operative food store.
The support group was the Co op’s charity cause for 2014 and thousands of pounds were raised by staff and shoppers at the Tebbuts Road branch during the year.
This week, Co op manager Ed Wallace attended a meeting of the support group, held at the Dumbelton Medical Centre, in St Neots, and presented a cheque for £1,000 – brining the total raised during the year to £3,000.
The money was raised through collections, raffles and sales of second hand books.
Jane Royles, chairman of the support group, said: “We are all very grateful to the staff and customers of the Co op who have supported the group so generously. The fundraising has also provided an opportunity to raise awareness of the group within the town and to reach out to those who might welcome the mutual support offered by our members.
You may also want to watch:
“The Acorn Group flourishes because of the support we receive from the people of St Neots. This generous donation will help us continue to run the group and ensure that all who come through our door find a ready welcome and support from others in similar circumstances.”
If you would like more information about the group, call 07522 925 648.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'