Club’s summer show is hailed a success
- Credit: Archant
The 47th St Neots and District Gardening Club summer show has been hailed a success, after 30 trophies were awarded to keen gardeners, cooks, and even little ones submitting their creations.
Held at the Eaton Socon Community Hall on August 13, more than 70 classes including vegetables, cut flowers, pot plants, and handicrafts were scored by independent judges.
Prizes included the Banksian Medal for the most points awarded in horticulture, as well as Frosts garden centre vouchers for the most points overall, as well as small amounts of prize money.
“We had a lot of people and a tombola, a raffle and a plant sale too,” said Peter Walker, chairman of the club and secretary for the show.
“The room was well-packed. The dahlias were magnificent. They were huge and they were beautiful.”
You may also want to watch:
Catering for all ages, youngsters also got the chance to submit entries like artwork and miniature gardens.
- 1 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 2 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 3 Mayor launches digital campaign to improve St Ives road network
- 4 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 5 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 6 Hemingford Abbots launched 'fantastic scheme' during pandemic
- 7 Bonito Platito Coffee & Co opens in Hemingford Grey
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 What does 'being wealthy' mean?
- 10 Police appeal to trace missing Huntingdon man