Club’s summer show is hailed a success
- Credit: Archant
The 47th St Neots and District Gardening Club summer show has been hailed a success, after 30 trophies were awarded to keen gardeners, cooks, and even little ones submitting their creations.
Held at the Eaton Socon Community Hall on August 13, more than 70 classes including vegetables, cut flowers, pot plants, and handicrafts were scored by independent judges.
Prizes included the Banksian Medal for the most points awarded in horticulture, as well as Frosts garden centre vouchers for the most points overall, as well as small amounts of prize money.
“We had a lot of people and a tombola, a raffle and a plant sale too,” said Peter Walker, chairman of the club and secretary for the show.
“The room was well-packed. The dahlias were magnificent. They were huge and they were beautiful.”
You may also want to watch:
Catering for all ages, youngsters also got the chance to submit entries like artwork and miniature gardens.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder