WI clean team step in to spruce up St Neots bridge
- Credit: HUNTS POST
A group of ladies from the Eaton Belles WI were joined by fire-fighters on Monday as they mounted a cleaning operation on the Coneygeare bridge in Eynesbury.
The group, from Eaton Socon, noticed how dirty and unkempt the bridge had become and decided to bring it back to its former glory.
WI President Jo Shirreffs said: "We had support from the fire service who helped us with pressure washing the floor and removing all the sludge and debris, so we could get on and wash the ironwork.
"The ladies arrived with scourers and cloths and cracked on. So many members of the public stopped to offer some support.The Belles are all about the WI national initiatives, but more importantly intent in providing community support where possible.
"We felt that everyone has had such a difficult 18 months and our beautiful Riverside parks have been used like never before. We wanted to make the park more enjoyable for everyone, by looking at a clean bridge and not the dirty eyesore it had become."
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Join the Eaton Belles by contacting Jo on: 07799 650319.
- 1 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 2 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 5 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 6 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 7 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton