WI clean team step in to spruce up St Neots bridge
- Credit: HUNTS POST
A group of ladies from the Eaton Belles WI were joined by fire-fighters on Monday as they mounted a cleaning operation on the Coneygeare bridge in Eynesbury.
The group, from Eaton Socon, noticed how dirty and unkempt the bridge had become and decided to bring it back to its former glory.
WI President Jo Shirreffs said: "We had support from the fire service who helped us with pressure washing the floor and removing all the sludge and debris, so we could get on and wash the ironwork.
"The ladies arrived with scourers and cloths and cracked on. So many members of the public stopped to offer some support.The Belles are all about the WI national initiatives, but more importantly intent in providing community support where possible.
"We felt that everyone has had such a difficult 18 months and our beautiful Riverside parks have been used like never before. We wanted to make the park more enjoyable for everyone, by looking at a clean bridge and not the dirty eyesore it had become."
INFO: Join the Eaton Belles by contacting Jo on: 07799 650319.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic