Clean up message behind dog fun day at Conegyear Park
AS part of a drive to cut down on dog mess in Huntingdon’s streets, pet owners and their four-legged friends were invited to a fun day at Conegyear Park on Saturday.
The day which was organised by the Oxmoor Community Action Group, saw pooper scoopers being handed out and representatives from Wood Green animal shelter give advice on responsible dog ownership.
Visitors could also learn how to make enrichment toys for their dogs and a dog show was held with the laurels going to the best-behaved pooch.
Jill Watkins-Taverner, chairman of OCAG, said the fun day was the latest initiative in a series of events aimed at reducing dog mess on the streets.
“Residents came to the OCAG meeting to complain about the amount of dog poo. We got Huntingdonshire District Council and Wood Green on board. The residents went to the schools, along with Wood Green, to talk to the children about being courteous when they take their dogs for a walk. It is making a difference.”
nPictured are Emma Hudgell from the Hands On Team at Wood Green, with Jessie and owner Jack from Huntingdon.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates