Clean up message behind dog fun day at Conegyear Park
AS part of a drive to cut down on dog mess in Huntingdon’s streets, pet owners and their four-legged friends were invited to a fun day at Conegyear Park on Saturday.
The day which was organised by the Oxmoor Community Action Group, saw pooper scoopers being handed out and representatives from Wood Green animal shelter give advice on responsible dog ownership.
Visitors could also learn how to make enrichment toys for their dogs and a dog show was held with the laurels going to the best-behaved pooch.
Jill Watkins-Taverner, chairman of OCAG, said the fun day was the latest initiative in a series of events aimed at reducing dog mess on the streets.
“Residents came to the OCAG meeting to complain about the amount of dog poo. We got Huntingdonshire District Council and Wood Green on board. The residents went to the schools, along with Wood Green, to talk to the children about being courteous when they take their dogs for a walk. It is making a difference.”
You may also want to watch:
nPictured are Emma Hudgell from the Hands On Team at Wood Green, with Jessie and owner Jack from Huntingdon.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder