Cigarettes and tobacco stolen after lorry is hijacked in Godmanchester
- Credit: Archant
CIGARETTES and tobacco were stolen from a lorry after it was hijacked by two men in Godmanchester.
Two men wearing balaclavas threatened the 64-year-old driver while the lorry was parked up in a layby on the A14 near Godmanchester at about 4.15am on Tuesday (May 28).
He was ordered into the back of the cab where he was restrained and assaulted.
The offenders then drove the lorry, which was white and had ‘One Stop’ written on the side in red writing, to Newport Pagnell, in Buckinghamshire, where they stole cigarettes and tobacco.
The driver, who had suffered minor injuries, managed to climb out of the truck and flag down a passing motorist who called police.
Detective constable Suzanne Pickard, investigating, said: “This was a very distressing ordeal for the driver and we are keen to catch those responsible.
“I would appeal to anyone who saw anything suspicious around the A14 in the early hours of Tuesday morning, or the lorry being driven along the A14 and A1.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
Anyone with any information should call DC Pickard on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.