Cigarettes and tobacco stolen after lorry is hijacked in Godmanchester
- Credit: Archant
CIGARETTES and tobacco were stolen from a lorry after it was hijacked by two men in Godmanchester.
Two men wearing balaclavas threatened the 64-year-old driver while the lorry was parked up in a layby on the A14 near Godmanchester at about 4.15am on Tuesday (May 28).
He was ordered into the back of the cab where he was restrained and assaulted.
The offenders then drove the lorry, which was white and had ‘One Stop’ written on the side in red writing, to Newport Pagnell, in Buckinghamshire, where they stole cigarettes and tobacco.
The driver, who had suffered minor injuries, managed to climb out of the truck and flag down a passing motorist who called police.
You may also want to watch:
Detective constable Suzanne Pickard, investigating, said: “This was a very distressing ordeal for the driver and we are keen to catch those responsible.
“I would appeal to anyone who saw anything suspicious around the A14 in the early hours of Tuesday morning, or the lorry being driven along the A14 and A1.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Anyone with any information should call DC Pickard on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.