Church welcomes new season with autumn fair
- Credit: Archant
The people of Hartford came together at the weekend to welcome in autumn with a seasonal fair.
Held at All Saints Church, in The Hollow, dozens of people attended the event which saw a range of items on offer.
Reverend Geoff Boucher said: “The fair went really well, it was a really lovely atmosphere with people coming throughout the day. It was a great day to be down there.”
Dozens of stalls were set up in the church and the hall which included home-made cakes, crafts and cards along with stall for bric-a-brac and tombola.
In total about £900 was raised from the fair which will be put into the church fund to help its presence in the community and charitable donations.
You may also want to watch:
“I was pleasantly surprised that we were able to raise that amount of money but delighted that we did,” added Revd Boucher.
Also available were refreshments with some being made by members of the church’s congregation.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'