Christmas gifts and goodies for families after appeal
- Credit: Patrick Kadewere
A Godmanchester employee has donated a huge array of gifts for local families who have struggled during the pandemic.
Hannah Tuck, who works at the Co-op’s Cardinal Way depot has been working with the Huntingdonshire Community Group’s COVID-19 Response Team to help them secure funding towards a Christmas appeal.
Hannah said: “It’s my role to be the connector between our colleagues and our communities. Not only are we proud to support local causes through our membership card we work closely with as many support groups in Godmanchester and Huntingdon as we can; co-operating for a fairer future.
“Our store, depot and funeral care colleagues, along with customers, were all keen to support the Christmas Present Appeal.
“We hope together we can spread a little joy this Christmas.”
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Patrick Kadewere, founder of Huntingdonshire Community Group said: “Godmanchester Co-Op have been at the heart of the community throughout this pandemic, supporting many good causes and we are pleased to be one of them.
“Their generous donations will have a huge impact on the families we are helping this Christmas.”
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 3 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 7 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years