Christmas gifts and goodies for families after appeal
- Credit: Patrick Kadewere
A Godmanchester employee has donated a huge array of gifts for local families who have struggled during the pandemic.
Hannah Tuck, who works at the Co-op’s Cardinal Way depot has been working with the Huntingdonshire Community Group’s COVID-19 Response Team to help them secure funding towards a Christmas appeal.
Hannah said: “It’s my role to be the connector between our colleagues and our communities. Not only are we proud to support local causes through our membership card we work closely with as many support groups in Godmanchester and Huntingdon as we can; co-operating for a fairer future.
“Our store, depot and funeral care colleagues, along with customers, were all keen to support the Christmas Present Appeal.
“We hope together we can spread a little joy this Christmas.”
Councillor Patrick Kadewere, founder of Huntingdonshire Community Group said: “Godmanchester Co-Op have been at the heart of the community throughout this pandemic, supporting many good causes and we are pleased to be one of them.
“Their generous donations will have a huge impact on the families we are helping this Christmas.”
- 1 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 2 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 5 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 6 Could you give these pets a home?
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 9 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 10 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives