Choir raises a few smiles on the platform with festive performance
- Credit: Archant
Passengers were given a festive treat earlier this month at Huntingdon railway station.
Huntingdon Male Voice Choir took to the station’s platform to spread some Christmas cheer through some well known carols.
Jon Lane, chairman of the choir, said: “It was great to sing at the station, even though there were some train delays people enjoyed us being there. This is something we have done for many years.”
During the concert the choir was joined by members of a special choir that the group formed for its charity Magpas performance.
“We were joined by some singers from the brand new choir Sing2Help. We asked people who wanted to sing for charity and in the end we had 38 people that wanted to be a part of the choir,” added Mr Lane.
You may also want to watch:
In total the choir raised £317.36 which will be donated to the charity Prostate Cancer UK.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 3 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 7 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 8 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 9 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 10 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity