Choir raises a few smiles on the platform with festive performance
- Credit: Archant
Passengers were given a festive treat earlier this month at Huntingdon railway station.
Huntingdon Male Voice Choir took to the station’s platform to spread some Christmas cheer through some well known carols.
Jon Lane, chairman of the choir, said: “It was great to sing at the station, even though there were some train delays people enjoyed us being there. This is something we have done for many years.”
During the concert the choir was joined by members of a special choir that the group formed for its charity Magpas performance.
“We were joined by some singers from the brand new choir Sing2Help. We asked people who wanted to sing for charity and in the end we had 38 people that wanted to be a part of the choir,” added Mr Lane.
You may also want to watch:
In total the choir raised £317.36 which will be donated to the charity Prostate Cancer UK.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse