Choir funds will be used to fund outings for support group members
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Community Choir handed over a cheque for £1,000 to the Acorn Cancer Support Group this week.
The support group has almost 100 members and holds regular meetings in Huntingdon, St Ives and Ramsey, for people suffering with cancer and those who care for them.
Members of the community choir handed over the funds at the Broad Leas Centre, in St Ives, last Wednesday.
Gordon Dyer, secretary of the support group, said: “We rely entirely on donations because the outings, support and therapies we offer are provided at no cost to our members.
“We run four boat trips a year that go from Hartford down the river to St Ives and we have earmarked the funds to put towards those.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to find out more about the support group can log on to www.acornsupportgroup.org.uk
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity