Chocoholics give up treats for life-savers at Hinchingbrooke’s SCBU
Chocoholics Jayne Potts and Georgie Overall have just another 32 days to wait before they can get their hands on these sweet treats.
The pair, who work together at Huntingdonshire District Council’s call centre in St Ives, have given up chocolate for Lent and, to ensure they stave off temptation until Easter Sunday, they are asking people to sponsor them for charity.
The friends have already raised �150 for the Special Care Baby Unit at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, where Georgie’s daughter Daisy was cared for following her birth.
Jayne said: “Georgie and I sit opposite each other at work and we spend a lot of time eating chocolate, but we thought ‘let’s go mad, let’s give it up’. When we have tried to give up before, we have lasted only half a day. It is difficult to find a non-chocolate biscuit.”
Daisy, who is two in April, almost suffocated when fluid from within the womb entered her lungs at delivery. She was saved by the team at Hinchingbrooke.
Georgie, 25, and her partner Carl Anderson, who runs Floods Tavern in St Ives, have raised �600 in the past for the unit.
Georgie said: “We raised �500 for SCBU during a fundraiser on our opening weekend and since then we have raised another �100. This is hard – it is force of habit. I like to have a hot chocolate in the evening and that has had to stop.”
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 5 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 6 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
n Pictured from left to right are Georgie, Daisy and Jayne.
INFORMATION: To sponsor Georgie and Jayne e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org