Chimney sweep warning after Warboys fire

Firefighters extinguished the blaze.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze. - Credit: Archant

HOUSEHOLDERS have been warned to keep their chimneys clean after a fire in Warboys.

Fire fighters from Ramsey attended a chimney fire in Warboys High Street at 3.10pm on Tuesday (February 12).

They extinguished the fire, which started accidentally, and returned to their base by 4.05pm.

However a fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

INFORMATION: For more details on fire prevention, visit the website www.cambsfire.gov.uk/firesafety

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter