HOUSEHOLDERS have been warned to keep their chimneys clean after a fire in Warboys.

Fire fighters from Ramsey attended a chimney fire in Warboys High Street at 3.10pm on Tuesday (February 12).

They extinguished the fire, which started accidentally, and returned to their base by 4.05pm.

However a fire service spokesman said: "Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire."

INFORMATION: For more details on fire prevention, visit the website www.cambsfire.gov.uk/firesafety