Chimney sweep warning after Conington fire

fire-hunts-0123

- Credit: Archant

RESIDENTS have been warned to get their chimneys swept after a fire in Conington.

Firefighters from Sawtry were called to the incident in Conington Lane, Conington at 8pm on Wednesday (January 23).

The cause was accidental and the crew extinguished the fire and returned to Sawtry by 9.10pm.

“Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year,” a fire service spokesman said. “This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter