Warning from fire service following chimney blazes
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have issued a warning after two chimney fires in Huntingdonshire at the weekend.
A crew from Huntingdon was called to Church Walk, in Stow Longa, at about 5.30pm on Saturday and arrived to find a chimney on fire in a chimney.
They blaze was extinguished and the crew returned to their station by 10.50pm.
The following day, a crew from Huntingdon and two crews from Cambridge, were called to a fire in Nursery Gardens at about 4pm.
Firefighters arrived to find a chimney on fire and extinguished it. They returned to their station by 6.50pm.
You may also want to watch:
A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
- 1 Roadworks around Huntingdon for week commencing March 8
- 2 Man's video doorbell showed 'masked man trying his car door handle' in early hours
- 3 Warning after attempted dog thefts
- 4 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 5 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 6 Huntingdon Bid chairman looking forward to town centre opening up
- 7 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 8 Council leader faces claim he broke confidentiality on farmgate report
- 9 More signs of Spring and some interesting starling murmurations
- 10 Huntingdon man due in court for suspected drug deal charge