Warning from fire service following chimney blazes
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have issued a warning after two chimney fires in Huntingdonshire at the weekend.
A crew from Huntingdon was called to Church Walk, in Stow Longa, at about 5.30pm on Saturday and arrived to find a chimney on fire in a chimney.
They blaze was extinguished and the crew returned to their station by 10.50pm.
The following day, a crew from Huntingdon and two crews from Cambridge, were called to a fire in Nursery Gardens at about 4pm.
Firefighters arrived to find a chimney on fire and extinguished it. They returned to their station by 6.50pm.
You may also want to watch:
A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 8 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 9 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week