Children’s ward at Hinchingbrooke Hospital receives £5,000 donation.
- Credit: Archant
The charity supporting Hinchingbrooke Hospital’s children’s ward has been handed a cheque for £5,000.
The money raised by Davey Grover Limited has been put towards purchasing a ‘magic carpet’ for the children’s outpatient department.
Anne-Marie Hamilton, chairman of the dreamdrops charity, which raises funds for the ward, said: “I cannot thank Davey Grover Limited and Councillor Peter Bucknell enough as this will be of benefit for children of all ages and abilities.”
The money has gone towards a magic carpet sensory tool that projects images onto the floor and enables patients of all ages to participate in play.
Sandie White, ward manager said: “We specifically use the carpet in our outpatients department to create an inclusive environment for everyone. It is an amazing distraction tool for children whilst they undergo investigations in clinic such as blood and skin prick testing.”
Davey Grover, based in St Neots, raised the money at their annual charity golf day.
Jeff Windsor, managing director of Davey Grover, said: “For the last seven years, Davey Grover has put on a charity golf day with the objective of raising as much money as possible for small local charities.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 3 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 4 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 10 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
“As soon as we found out about the work that dreamdops do, it made the decision of picking them as our charity for the year a very easy one and we are so pleased that the monies have been put to such good use. We would also like to place on record our sincere thanks to all of our clients and sponsors that support our day each year, as without their support, this would not be possible.”