Children’s ward at Hinchingbrooke Hospital receives £5,000 donation.
- Credit: Archant
The charity supporting Hinchingbrooke Hospital’s children’s ward has been handed a cheque for £5,000.
The money raised by Davey Grover Limited has been put towards purchasing a ‘magic carpet’ for the children’s outpatient department.
Anne-Marie Hamilton, chairman of the dreamdrops charity, which raises funds for the ward, said: “I cannot thank Davey Grover Limited and Councillor Peter Bucknell enough as this will be of benefit for children of all ages and abilities.”
The money has gone towards a magic carpet sensory tool that projects images onto the floor and enables patients of all ages to participate in play.
Sandie White, ward manager said: “We specifically use the carpet in our outpatients department to create an inclusive environment for everyone. It is an amazing distraction tool for children whilst they undergo investigations in clinic such as blood and skin prick testing.”
You may also want to watch:
Davey Grover, based in St Neots, raised the money at their annual charity golf day.
Jeff Windsor, managing director of Davey Grover, said: “For the last seven years, Davey Grover has put on a charity golf day with the objective of raising as much money as possible for small local charities.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
“As soon as we found out about the work that dreamdops do, it made the decision of picking them as our charity for the year a very easy one and we are so pleased that the monies have been put to such good use. We would also like to place on record our sincere thanks to all of our clients and sponsors that support our day each year, as without their support, this would not be possible.”