Pre-school children are raising money for school resources
- Credit: Julie Marks
Children at Great Paxton Preschool are raising money to provide the school with new resources.
The pre-school children are embarking on a mammoth challenge to scoot/cycle/run the distance from Great Paxton Preschool to Buckingham Palace and back.
This is a distance of 200 km to raise £500 and develop the children’s learning experiences and have some fun.
They started this challenge on January 26 and have completed 67km so far.
Manager of Great Paxton Pre-school Julie Marks said: “We are amazed at the children's determination to complete this task with some children completing more than 4km.
“We have a chart mapping where we a started and showing where we are each day, the children are given a sticker to show their parents how many laps they have completed.
“We are proud of each and every one of the children for their achievements."
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 3 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 6 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 7 Recap: Lorry and car crash at A141-A1307 junction in Huntingdon
- 8 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 9 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 10 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
Great Paxton’s village pub, The Bell, has also organised a virtual Bingo night on Saturday February 20 to support the fundraising.
To donate visit the JustGiving page link: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/great-paxton-preschool?utm_term=WAvRa7pRN