Pre-school children are raising money for school resources
- Credit: Julie Marks
Children at Great Paxton Preschool are raising money to provide the school with new resources.
The pre-school children are embarking on a mammoth challenge to scoot/cycle/run the distance from Great Paxton Preschool to Buckingham Palace and back.
This is a distance of 200 km to raise £500 and develop the children’s learning experiences and have some fun.
They started this challenge on January 26 and have completed 67km so far.
Manager of Great Paxton Pre-school Julie Marks said: “We are amazed at the children's determination to complete this task with some children completing more than 4km.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a chart mapping where we a started and showing where we are each day, the children are given a sticker to show their parents how many laps they have completed.
“We are proud of each and every one of the children for their achievements."
- 1 Man hit takeaway worker with umbrella in racist coronavirus attack
- 2 Murder investigation launched in St Ives following death of woman
- 3 Hospital worker 'swerving' on road was over alcohol limit on way to work
- 4 St Ives murder: man charged
- 5 Public asked for their views on improving major road around Huntingdon
- 6 Family need help to buy wheelchair for brave Ellamae
- 7 Treasured memories of community champion Val Brooker
- 8 People are living in fear of flooding every time there is a heavy downpour
- 9 Read the response from the flooding authorities in our Special Report
- 10 Next steps announced on Huntingdonshire holding stack
Great Paxton’s village pub, The Bell, has also organised a virtual Bingo night on Saturday February 20 to support the fundraising.
To donate visit the JustGiving page link: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/great-paxton-preschool?utm_term=WAvRa7pRN