Child rapist Julian Whiting from St Neots jailed
- Credit: Archant
A child rapist has been jailed for 18 years after being convicted of a string of sexual offences.
Julian Whiting, of Market Square, St Neots, was found guilty after a trial at Peterborough Crown Court.
The 52 year old was sentenced on Friday (November 7) and ordered to serve 18 years for raping a child aged under 13.
He also received a four-year sentence for sexual assault of a child and another four years for inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity.
Whiting was also convicted of engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child under 13, for which he received a further three years. Each sentence is to be served concurrently.
You may also want to watch:
The charges related to offences which happened between 2007 and 2011.
Detective Constable Karen Lunn, who led the investigation, said: “We are very pleased with the result which reflects the serious nature of the crimes inflicted on the victim over a number of years.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 6 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
“We are committed to safeguarding the most vulnerable members of our community and bringing offenders of the horrific crimes to justice.”