Chicken chats and donkey talks at animal shelter fun day
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds gathered at Wood Green Animal Shelter in Godmanchester for bank holiday fun on April 14.
Dubbed Field Good Friday, the event had plenty to keep families occupied, including cattery tours, chicken chats and donkey talks.
Visitors also got the chance to meet the goats and sheep at the site, as well as hear about the ponies there.
Sarah Etherington, a member of the Wood Green team, said: “Field Good Friday was packed – even busier than last year and it was great to see hundreds of visitors enjoying the day.
“Lots of families enjoyed our chicken agility challenge - our hens were very excited to be back outside after the avian flu precautions that kept them indoors over the winter.
You may also want to watch:
“Children also really enjoyed meeting our adorable white Angora goats and our cute pygmy goats.”
Families also got into the Easter spirit with an egg painting competition and other activities including paper plate sheep making.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
The centre’s next event is an animal fun day on July 23.