Village tearoom highlighted in walkers’ guide
- Credit: Archant
A recently-opened tearoom in Somersham is celebrating after it was named as a top stop for walkers.
The Cambridgeshire Walks blog put the Chelsea Tearoom, at Cranbrook Plants, at the top of its list of favourite stopping off points.
Andre van Nieuwenhuizer, who revamped the tearoom after taking over earlier this year, said: “It’s really an honour to be mentioned by John in the Cambridgeshire Walks blog post, we aim to supply good quality fresh food at affordable prices, in a traditional tearoom setting, and it seems to be what the public want.”
Cambridgeshire Walks described the tearoom as “one of the best value and most English of tearooms around”.
It also highlighted Houghton Mill Tearoom, the Hemingford Garden Room, Tom’s Cakes, the Willows Cafe and St Ives Parish Church, and shows local attractions and the distance they are away.
You may also want to watch:
The guide is at: http://cambswalks.blogspot.com/2017/10/top-tearooms-and-related-walks.html.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester