Village tearoom highlighted in walkers’ guide
- Credit: Archant
A recently-opened tearoom in Somersham is celebrating after it was named as a top stop for walkers.
The Cambridgeshire Walks blog put the Chelsea Tearoom, at Cranbrook Plants, at the top of its list of favourite stopping off points.
Andre van Nieuwenhuizer, who revamped the tearoom after taking over earlier this year, said: “It’s really an honour to be mentioned by John in the Cambridgeshire Walks blog post, we aim to supply good quality fresh food at affordable prices, in a traditional tearoom setting, and it seems to be what the public want.”
Cambridgeshire Walks described the tearoom as “one of the best value and most English of tearooms around”.
It also highlighted Houghton Mill Tearoom, the Hemingford Garden Room, Tom’s Cakes, the Willows Cafe and St Ives Parish Church, and shows local attractions and the distance they are away.
You may also want to watch:
The guide is at: http://cambswalks.blogspot.com/2017/10/top-tearooms-and-related-walks.html.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 8 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 9 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years