Check out revised dates for waste and recycling collections over Christmas and the new year
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdonshire District Council has issued a reminder about revised dates for waste collection over the Christmas and new year period.
Christmas will inevitably mean people will have more rubbish to dispose of and HDC is encouraging people to recycle as much as possible.
This includes wrapping paper, sweet tins, plastic packaging from new toys and any leftovers from the dinner, which can be place in blue and green bins.
Councillor Robin Carter, whose executive responsibilities include operations, said: “We would like to wish all of our residents a Happy Christmas and thank you all for helping to keep Huntingdonshire one of the top authorities in the country for recycling.”
Households that have a green bin for their recycling waste – should ensure that only the green bin with the recycling logo on the front is used for dry recycling.
Real Christmas trees can be put alongside green bins for composting in January. If the tree is taller than the bin, it should be chopped down to the size of the bin.
Household Recycling Centres are closed from 1pm on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
INFO: For more information about what items can be recycled go to: www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/waste.
Revised collection dates for the Christmas period are shown below. Day Revised Day of Collection
Thursday, December 24 - as normal.
Friday, December 25 - Tuesday, December 29.
Monday 28 December Wednesday 30 December
Tuesday 29 December Thursday 31 December
Wednesday 30 December Saturday 2 January
Thursday 31 December Monday 4 January
Friday 1 January Tuesday 5 January
Monday 4 January Wednesday 6 January
Tuesday 5 January Thursday 7 January
Wednesday 6 January Friday 8 January
Thursday 7 January Saturday 9 January
Friday 8 January Monday 11 January
Monday 11 January Tuesday 12 January
Tuesday 12 January Wednesday 13 January
Wednesday 13 January Thursday 14 January
Thursday 14 January Friday 15 January
Friday 15 January Saturday 16 January