Check out revised dates for waste and recycling collections over Christmas and the new year
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdonshire District Council has issued a reminder about revised dates for waste collection over the Christmas and new year period.
Christmas will inevitably mean people will have more rubbish to dispose of and HDC is encouraging people to recycle as much as possible.
This includes wrapping paper, sweet tins, plastic packaging from new toys and any leftovers from the dinner, which can be place in blue and green bins.
Councillor Robin Carter, whose executive responsibilities include operations, said: “We would like to wish all of our residents a Happy Christmas and thank you all for helping to keep Huntingdonshire one of the top authorities in the country for recycling.”
Households that have a green bin for their recycling waste – should ensure that only the green bin with the recycling logo on the front is used for dry recycling.
You may also want to watch:
Real Christmas trees can be put alongside green bins for composting in January. If the tree is taller than the bin, it should be chopped down to the size of the bin.
Household Recycling Centres are closed from 1pm on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
INFO: For more information about what items can be recycled go to: www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/waste.
Revised collection dates for the Christmas period are shown below. Day Revised Day of Collection
Thursday, December 24 - as normal.
Friday, December 25 - Tuesday, December 29.
Monday 28 December Wednesday 30 December
Tuesday 29 December Thursday 31 December
Wednesday 30 December Saturday 2 January
Thursday 31 December Monday 4 January
Friday 1 January Tuesday 5 January
Monday 4 January Wednesday 6 January
Tuesday 5 January Thursday 7 January
Wednesday 6 January Friday 8 January
Thursday 7 January Saturday 9 January
Friday 8 January Monday 11 January
Monday 11 January Tuesday 12 January
Tuesday 12 January Wednesday 13 January
Wednesday 13 January Thursday 14 January
Thursday 14 January Friday 15 January
Friday 15 January Saturday 16 January