19-year-old man arrested after collision in Somersham
- Credit: Archant
Four people were injured in the incident at Somersham.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drug-driving after a road collision in Somersham.
On Monday (May 4), at 1.05am police were called to Chatteris Road in Somersham, after reports of a collision.
A 19-year-old man from Chatteris was arrested on suspicion of drug driving after failing a roadside drugs test.
Four people were assessed at the scene; one patient was transported by road ambulance to Hinchingbrooke Hospital, and a second patient was transported to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, also by road ambulance
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews were called to the scene at 1:07 am, to find a vehicle on its side and used specialist cutting equipment to release the two casualties.
Two ambulances from the East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST), two ambulance officer vehicles and an Essex and Herts An air ambulance was also called to the scene at the B1050 at Someresham.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 6 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
The man arrested at the scene has been bailed until October 31, pending further enquiries.