Charity volunteer from St Ives talks about his experience on popular TV show
- Credit: Archant
A charity shop volunteer has spoken to The Hunts Post about his experience on the Channel 4 programme - The Undateables.
Sam Weston, who lives with his mum Ruth in St Ives, appeared in the second episode of the new series of the show in early January hoping to find love.
Sam, aged 25, who has Asperger’s syndrome, which means he finds it difficult to read body language, admitted he had never had a proper kiss but was convinced “Mr Right was out there” and it was “just a case of where and when”.
Sam talked candidly about his expectations for a partner and listed “personal hygiene” as one of the most important things he was looking for in any future partner and said Duncan from Blue and actor Chris Pine were his ideal men.
The show saw Sam, who has been volunteering at the Oxfam bookshop, in Huntingdon High Street, for just over six years, but works full-time at Cambridge University Press, matched with cycling enthusiast Samuel and they appeared to get on well.
You may also want to watch:
Sam and his date, Samuel, a self-confessed eccentric who loves politics, met in a pub garden and the pair stayed in touch after the show, through Facebook, but have not met up since.
“We have stayed in touch and there are a couple of other people that I am talking to on Facebook, but no, I haven’t found Mr Right yet. I know it will happen, it is just a question of when.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
Sam said he enjoyed the Undateables experience and was glad he had taken part in the show, which is aired on Channel 4. It is possible to see the episode featuring Sam on E4.