Charity’s acoustic garden to create history at Chelsea Flower Show
- Credit: Archant
The Papworth Trust is preparing to make Chelsea Flower Show history by creating an acoustic garden for the showpiece event.
The disability charity is working with percussionist Dame Evelyn Glennie on their ‘Together We Can’ garden, celebrating the charity’s inclusive vision for disability.
It will be the first time the RHS Chelsea Flower Show has hosted an acoustic garden.
The Papworth Trust has offices across the region, including in Papworth Everard and Huntingdon.
Helen Fairhurst, senior marketing manager from Papworth Trust, said: “This is a unique project for both the Chelsea Flower Show and our charity and it is incredible to see the excitement the garden is already creating and the difference it can make to the people we work with.
You may also want to watch:
“Our excitement is shared by Dame Evelyn who has always wanted to reach as many people as possible with her music.”
Dame Evelyn said: “One of my aims is to show that you can create music from almost anything. But the bigger legacy will be if we can recreate the concept of this type of garden in other public spaces.
- 1 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
“I want to create several sound-scape gardens for people to visit and enjoy and to show that wonderful gardens don’t just grow, they actually grow aurally as well.”
The garden will be unveiled at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show between May 24-28.