Charity makes plea to find Barney his paw-fect new home
- Credit: Archant
A cat is looking for a loving new home after arriving at an RSPCA branch battered and bruised.
Eight-year-old Barney came in to the care of the RSPCA Cambridgeshire Mid East Branch in June and was in a sorry state.
The eight-year-old had a damaged ear which is thought to be caused by fighting or from being attacked, and had to have his tail amputated after he had bitten it.
The RSPCA are now looking for a loving owner to take care of Barney.
Val Fountain, publicity officer for the branch, which has an outlet in St Ives, said: “Despite everything poor Barney has been through he has come through it all really well and is now ready to go to a new home.
“Sadly though he has struggled with life in the cattery and is in desperate need of being able to settle in a new home of his own. He is a very loving cat. He would be best suited to being the only pet in his new home, and he would like someone to be around a good part of the day.
“He could live with older children of secondary school age. Once he has settled well in his new home he will like to have access to a garden.”
- 1 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 9 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 10 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
She added: “Barney is a very deserving cat. He is a really beautiful big boy even with his squashed ear and no tail. He needs new owners who will have a lot of time for him because he’s had a rough time in life. We will be delighted to see this boy go to the new loving home he needs.”
To find out more about Barney call the RSPCA Cambridgeshire Mid East Branch 01487 824501.