Charity makes plea to find Barney his paw-fect new home
- Credit: Archant
A cat is looking for a loving new home after arriving at an RSPCA branch battered and bruised.
Eight-year-old Barney came in to the care of the RSPCA Cambridgeshire Mid East Branch in June and was in a sorry state.
The eight-year-old had a damaged ear which is thought to be caused by fighting or from being attacked, and had to have his tail amputated after he had bitten it.
The RSPCA are now looking for a loving owner to take care of Barney.
Val Fountain, publicity officer for the branch, which has an outlet in St Ives, said: “Despite everything poor Barney has been through he has come through it all really well and is now ready to go to a new home.
You may also want to watch:
“Sadly though he has struggled with life in the cattery and is in desperate need of being able to settle in a new home of his own. He is a very loving cat. He would be best suited to being the only pet in his new home, and he would like someone to be around a good part of the day.
“He could live with older children of secondary school age. Once he has settled well in his new home he will like to have access to a garden.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
She added: “Barney is a very deserving cat. He is a really beautiful big boy even with his squashed ear and no tail. He needs new owners who will have a lot of time for him because he’s had a rough time in life. We will be delighted to see this boy go to the new loving home he needs.”
To find out more about Barney call the RSPCA Cambridgeshire Mid East Branch 01487 824501.