Charity golf day raises money for mayor’s fund
- Credit: Archant
A charity golf day attended by Councillor Derek Giles, the mayor of St Neots, has raised £5,000.
On August 10, Cllr Giles, attended the 19th Mayor’s Charity Golf Day at Wyboston Lakes, which was won by KIM Systems with a score of 127 points.
“It was a wonderful day with all the teams entering into the fun of fundraising for our charities,” said Cllr Giles.
“I am particularly grateful to the Rotary Club of St Neots St Marys and Wyboston Lakes for their continual support in running this event. It will be 20 years old next year and I can’t wait to be there. It was a great honour to drive one of our local senior citizens, Mary Smith, around the course. Mary used to play golf so she was able to tell me how to play and putt”.
Barry Jordan and Mike Truswell, the event’s main organisers, thanked the entrants and the sponsors Barclays, Premier Plus, Cromwell Stoves, Co-operative Funeral Services and Wyboston Lakes.
You may also want to watch:
Of the monies raised, £2,000 will go to MIND Cambridgeshire, £1,000 to the Peter Hutchinson Fund, founder of the Wyboston Complex and £2,000 to the Mayor’s Charity Fund.
Civic officer Karen Pollecutt added: “We are delighted with the amount raised which will go a long way to helping our charities this year; Switch Now, Royal Air Force Cadets St Neots, Priory Infants Sensory Garden, and Bushmead All Weather Pitch, we really are grateful for the support of everyone involved in the day”.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
INFO: More photos available at: www.facebook.com/stneotsmayor.