Charity fund raising day in memory of Jack Noades
- Credit: Archant
A charity fund-raising day is being held on Saturday in memory of Great Paxton man Jack Noades.
Jack’s Fun Day will take place at the Great Paxton Recreation Ground and will include a football tournament, face painting, stalls and lucky dip.
Jack, of Rectory Close, Great Paxton, died in the early hours of New Year’s Day, 2015. The 19-year-old was driving a white VW Polo which was discovered in the Great River Ouse at Tempsford. He was the only occupant of the vehicle.
This is the third event held in memory of Jack, the first raised money for a memorial bench, which is now in place on Saxon Green, in Great Paxton. Last year money was raised for the Brain Tumour Research Charity.
“This year we are raising money for the ADHD Research Charity as this is something Jack had throughout his life and also raising funds for the MacMillan Cancer Support unit at the Woodlands Centre, in Huntingdon,” said Jack’s mum Sue.
You may also want to watch:
The event opens at midday.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment