Charity fund raising day in memory of Jack Noades
- Credit: Archant
A charity fund-raising day is being held on Saturday in memory of Great Paxton man Jack Noades.
Jack’s Fun Day will take place at the Great Paxton Recreation Ground and will include a football tournament, face painting, stalls and lucky dip.
Jack, of Rectory Close, Great Paxton, died in the early hours of New Year’s Day, 2015. The 19-year-old was driving a white VW Polo which was discovered in the Great River Ouse at Tempsford. He was the only occupant of the vehicle.
This is the third event held in memory of Jack, the first raised money for a memorial bench, which is now in place on Saxon Green, in Great Paxton. Last year money was raised for the Brain Tumour Research Charity.
“This year we are raising money for the ADHD Research Charity as this is something Jack had throughout his life and also raising funds for the MacMillan Cancer Support unit at the Woodlands Centre, in Huntingdon,” said Jack’s mum Sue.
The event opens at midday.
- 1 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 2 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 3 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 4 Appeal for dashcam footage following three lorry crash on the A14
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 See the average house price for Cambridgeshire's 'top' villages
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 10 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group