Charity football match for families of Chris West and Dan Berryman after stabbing incident in Cambourne
- Credit: Archant
A charity football match is being held to raise funds for the families of Chris West and Dan Berryman after a stabbing incident in Cambourne last month.
Mr West, aged 30, died from his injuries outside the Monkfield Arms pub and Mr Berryman, aged 27, is still recovering.
Kai Nazir, aged 19, from The Crescent, in St Neots, has been charged with the murder of Mr West and a second count of grievous bodily harm with intent in relation to Mr Berryman and will reappear in court later this month.
The football match, between Comberton United and Cambridge XI, will take place at the Glassworld Stadium, at Histon, on November 24.
Entry will be on a “pay-what-you-want basis” and all donations will go to the families of Mr West and Mr Berryman.
Organisers of the event have said: “Please join the football family and local community in supporting this event and helping the families affected at what is, of course, a very difficult time.
“Both families have been impacted hugely and the community as a whole. The footballing community is a brilliant way to support acts like this with positive action. The aim of the game is to raise funds for both families in this difficult time. Donation buckets will be available at entrances, whether it be a small or large amount anything to support the families would be fantastic and kindly appreciated.”
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 3 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 7 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 8 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 9 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
- 10 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
All ages are welcome at the event and the kick-off time is 7.45pm.