Charity football match for families of Chris West and Dan Berryman after stabbing incident in Cambourne
- Credit: Archant
A charity football match is being held to raise funds for the families of Chris West and Dan Berryman after a stabbing incident in Cambourne last month.
Mr West, aged 30, died from his injuries outside the Monkfield Arms pub and Mr Berryman, aged 27, is still recovering.
Kai Nazir, aged 19, from The Crescent, in St Neots, has been charged with the murder of Mr West and a second count of grievous bodily harm with intent in relation to Mr Berryman and will reappear in court later this month.
The football match, between Comberton United and Cambridge XI, will take place at the Glassworld Stadium, at Histon, on November 24.
Entry will be on a “pay-what-you-want basis” and all donations will go to the families of Mr West and Mr Berryman.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers of the event have said: “Please join the football family and local community in supporting this event and helping the families affected at what is, of course, a very difficult time.
“Both families have been impacted hugely and the community as a whole. The footballing community is a brilliant way to support acts like this with positive action. The aim of the game is to raise funds for both families in this difficult time. Donation buckets will be available at entrances, whether it be a small or large amount anything to support the families would be fantastic and kindly appreciated.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
All ages are welcome at the event and the kick-off time is 7.45pm.