A charity cricket match will be taking place in Alconbury on Sunday
- Credit: Mark Turner
A charity cricket match between Alconbury village and Alconbury Weston is taking place on Sunday (August 30).
The match is being held to raise money for The Glynn Fund in memory of Glynn Faulkner who died 11 years ago.
A fundraising raffle has been running which has so far raised £2,000, with 22 prizes up for grabs.
The Alconbury Nisa shop is going to give away a £100 voucher and Salon 17 in Alconbury is giving away two cut and blow dry treatments.
Organiser, Andrew Turner, who is Glynn’s cousin said: “We have been holding this match for 10 years and this year we are stepping up the challenge, with help from the local businesses and communities.”
You may also want to watch:
The match is at 2pm, at the Alconbury Sports and Social Club.
Raffle tickets are £5 a book and can be purchased from an organiser Andrew Turner on: 07541 941311 or email: email@example.com.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester