Chance to have your say on RAF Brampton development plans
RESIDENTS will have their chance to comment on a design framework which caps the number of homes to be built at RAF Brampton to 400.
A draft version of RAF Brampton Urban Design Framework, drawn up by Huntingdonshire District Council, has been available to view online and make comments since Monday.
It will act as a guide for the redevelopment of the base, once the Ministry of Defence has transferred operations to RAF Wyton.
The document proposes building 400 homes on the site - less than half the original number put forward by landowners, Defence Estates, at a consultation exercise last year.
The future of the purpose-built theatre at the base, home to Brampton Park Theatre, remains unclear, however.
You may also want to watch:
An exhibition of HDC’s plans will be held in the foyer at the Memorial Centre, Brampton on Thursday, September 22 from 2pm to 8pm, and on Monday, October 3 from 2pm to 8pm.
Following consultation, a final version of the framework will be prepared and reported to cabinet for adoption as council policy.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
To view the draft framework go to http://consult.huntsdc.gov.uk/portal/pp/udfs/rafbramudf