Chance to have your say on RAF Brampton development plans
RESIDENTS will have their chance to comment on a design framework which caps the number of homes to be built at RAF Brampton to 400.
A draft version of RAF Brampton Urban Design Framework, drawn up by Huntingdonshire District Council, has been available to view online and make comments since Monday.
It will act as a guide for the redevelopment of the base, once the Ministry of Defence has transferred operations to RAF Wyton.
The document proposes building 400 homes on the site - less than half the original number put forward by landowners, Defence Estates, at a consultation exercise last year.
The future of the purpose-built theatre at the base, home to Brampton Park Theatre, remains unclear, however.
An exhibition of HDC’s plans will be held in the foyer at the Memorial Centre, Brampton on Thursday, September 22 from 2pm to 8pm, and on Monday, October 3 from 2pm to 8pm.
Following consultation, a final version of the framework will be prepared and reported to cabinet for adoption as council policy.
- 1 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
To view the draft framework go to http://consult.huntsdc.gov.uk/portal/pp/udfs/rafbramudf