Chance to have your say on RAF Brampton development plans
RESIDENTS will have their chance to comment on a design framework which caps the number of homes to be built at RAF Brampton to 400.
A draft version of RAF Brampton Urban Design Framework, drawn up by Huntingdonshire District Council, has been available to view online and make comments since Monday.
It will act as a guide for the redevelopment of the base, once the Ministry of Defence has transferred operations to RAF Wyton.
The document proposes building 400 homes on the site - less than half the original number put forward by landowners, Defence Estates, at a consultation exercise last year.
The future of the purpose-built theatre at the base, home to Brampton Park Theatre, remains unclear, however.
An exhibition of HDC’s plans will be held in the foyer at the Memorial Centre, Brampton on Thursday, September 22 from 2pm to 8pm, and on Monday, October 3 from 2pm to 8pm.
Following consultation, a final version of the framework will be prepared and reported to cabinet for adoption as council policy.
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Fun in the sun at Huntingdon Carnival 2022
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Number of bird flu cases have been confirmed in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 6 Dry weather continues to impact district as pond drys up in Ramsey
- 7 Riverside Miniature Railway raises flag in record breaking year
- 8 Wire damage disrupts Great Northern trains between Hitchin and Peterborough
- 9 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 10 Social club can extend opening hours as 'no evidence' of problems
To view the draft framework go to http://consult.huntsdc.gov.uk/portal/pp/udfs/rafbramudf