Celebrity chef will judge mayor’s charity bake-off competition
- Credit: Archant
Celebrity chef Damian Wawrzyniak will be demonstrating and judging at a charity bake off competition being held in St Neots on February 18.
The consultant chef won the hearts of millions of viewers when he appeared on the Mary Berry Easter Feast last year. He has also appeared on other cookery shows since then and is currently working on his new book entitled I am a Cook, which will be available later this year.
Local cake decorating supplier Sugar Daddys will also be at The Mayor of St Neots Charity Bake Off event, which is being held at the Priory Centre, providing free cake decorating sessions. The Tesco community team will also attend with its Farm to Fork stand.
St Neots mayor, Councillor Derek Giles, will attend the bake-off session which is being held to raise money for his charity fund.
The competition is open to people of all ages and there are there are 10 categories to enter, with several prizes, including a prize baker award.
You may also want to watch:
The event runs from 11am till 3pm and the judging takes place at 1pm. Entry is £1 and free for children. There will also be home-made cakes and refreshments and a raffle.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion