Celebrations held to mark re-opening of community store
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers in Huntingdon were invited to join in the celebrations at the unveiling of a new-look Costcutter convenience store on Saturday.
The store, in Oxmoor, has been run by Sagar Patel for more than seven years and has undergone a major refit as part of a transformation programme for Costcutter in the UK.
At the weekend, shoppers were invited to a day of family fun, food and festivities to see the results for themselves.
“We’re delighted with our new-look store and were thrilled with the reaction from our shoppers,” said Mr Patel. “We’ve doubled the size of our chilled food section, expanded our beer, wine and spirits offer and introduced an extensive food-to-go section, complete with a Costa Coffee, hot snacks and a new in-store bakery.
“The store has been designed to truly identify the needs of the local community and to offer not just the products they want, but a fantastic shopping experience. As one of the first wave of new-look Costcutter stores, we were really excited to show our customers the store’s fresh look and feel and we would like to thank everyone who came along to our launch event on Saturday.”
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the day customers were treated to a free barbecue, food and drink sampling, face painting, balloon art and a charity raffle to raise vital funds for Huntington County Nursery School.
The new look, expanded store is staffed by people from the local area. It has also partnered with a local butcher and fruit and vegetable suppliers to expand its fresh food offer.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding