CCTV cameras to be installed in St Neots park to catch people littering
- Credit: Archant
Temporary CCTV cameras will be installed in Riverside Park St Neots to help catch people littering.
Bosses at Huntingdonshire District Council (HDC) said that those caught could receive a Fixed Penalty Notice of £150.
It comes as HDC installed large trade waste bins to help increase capacity while more people are visiting parks as lockdown measures are eased.
A spokesperson from HDC this afternoon (June 19), said: “You may have noticed an increased level of littering in some of our parks and open spaces.
“Please be aware that we are also installing temporary CCTV cameras in Riverside Park to help catch those littering.
You may also want to watch:
“If caught you could receive a Fixed Penalty Notice of £150. Signage will be put up around the park for more information.
“Placing litter beside the bin is still considered littering. We have installed large trade waste bins to help increase capacity whilst demand in our parks is particularly high.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 7 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
“Please look for our trade waste bins or take your litter home and recycle where possible.”