CCTV appeal for woman police want to speak to after death of a cyclist in Huntingdon
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
The woman who died following a collision on Nursery Road, Huntingdon, yesterday October 20 has been named by police.
Police have released an image of a woman they would like to speak to in connection with a collision which happened yesterday (October 20) in which a female cyclist died.
The woman who died following the collision on Nursery Road, Huntingdon, has now been named as Celia Ward, aged 77, from St Margaret’s Road, in Wyton. She died at the scene.
At just before 2.30pm, a white Volkswagen Passat collided with a cycle being ridden by Celia.
The driver of the car was uninjured and remained at the scene. No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
Police have since released a CCTV image of a woman they would like to speak to in connection with the collision.
Detective Inspector Garry Webb, from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “We are keen to speak to the woman pictured as we believe she was in the area at the time of the incident and could hold vital information about what happened.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?
Anyone with information or who recognises the woman pictured is urged to contact police via web chat or by calling 101, quoting incident number 243 of 20 October.