Fire crews called after 20-acre field is torched by arsonists
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to deal with another field fire on Wednesday, the latest in a recent flurry.
Crews from Cambridge, Gamlingay, St Neots, Papworth and Cottenham attended the incident, in Brockholt Road, Caxton, at about 4pm.
Firefighters found about 20 acres of open field ablaze. They battled the blaze for more than two hours before leaving the scene at 6.30pm.
The cause of the fire was ruled to be deliberate.
On the same day, crews were also called to a fire involving a combine harvester and around two acres of farm land in Glatton.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters were called to a fire in Sawtry Road at about 7pm and crews from Stanground, Sawtry, Yaxley and Ramsey attended.
Crews returned to their stations by 9.45pm.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
The cause of the fire was accidental.
The two fires are the latest in a recent flurry which has seen crews called to Eltisley, Ramsey, Hemingford Abbots, and Cambourne in the last week.