Two people hospitalised after A14 collision
- Credit: Archant
Two people were hospitalised following a collision on the A14 last night (Wednesday).
Emergency services were called to a collision last night at about 10.45pm, including firefighters from Huntingdon and Neots.
Crews arrived to find a collision involving a car and a motorbike on the eastbound carriageway of the road, near Catworth. Using cutting equipment they released one casualty who was taken to hospital by ambulance. Crews returned to their station by 1am.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 10.39pm yesterday to reports of a collision involving a car and motorbike on the A14, eastbound, near Catworth.
“An ambulance crew, ambulance officer and the air ambulance from East Anglian Air Ambulance were sent to help. At the scene, five people were assessed.
You may also want to watch:
“One patient, a woman believed to be in her 40s, was taken by land ambulance to Kettering General Hospital with neck pain.
A second patient, a man believed to be in his 20s, was taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with a leg and wrist injuries.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation