Two men arrested in connection with catalytic converter thefts
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
Two men have been arrested on the A1307 near St Ives in connection with catalytic converter thefts.
On Saturday, November 20, a 21-year-old was arrested for dangerous driving, failing to stop, theft from a vehicle, criminal damage, drug driving and driving without a licence and insurance.
A 19-year-old was also arrested for possession of drugs, theft from a vehicle and dangerous driving.
Both have been released under investigation.
In a Facebook post, Policing in Huntingdonshire said: “Catalytic converter thefts are happening across Cambridgeshire every week.
“We’re urging members of the public to be vigilant and let police know if you witness anyone acting suspiciously around vehicles.
“If you believe a crime is in progress, call 999.”
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 3 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 4 Could you give these pets a home?
- 5 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 6 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 7 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 8 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit in St Neots
- 9 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 10 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer