Sawtry shop celebrates sixth birthday
- Credit: Archant
The CARESCO charity shop in Sawtry is celebrating six years of raising money for the community.
And the shop recently extended its Saturday opening hours to cater for an increasing number of new customers.
The shop, in Greenways, invests all money raised back into the community in Sawtry to help fund services such as drop in sessions, carers support groups, and the man cave group.
CARESCO chairman, Tina Campbell said: “As a charity that is here to serve the community, we firmly believe in selling our goods at very reasonable prices.”
“We are always grateful for donations and with our nearby ‘man cave’ workshop, we are able to recycle and repair furniture and electrical goods for future use. I am very grateful to our friendly and hard-working volunteers who give up their time to make our shop such a success”.
You may also want to watch:
The shop is open Monday to Friday from 9am-4.30pm, and now 9am-4pm on Saturday.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester