Care home to celebrate forces’ sweetheart Vera Lynn with community sing-along
- Credit: Archant
A St Ives care home will be celebrating the 100th birthday of forces’ sweetheart Dame Vera Lynn with a sing-along of her classics.
Field Lodge, in London Road, is inviting people to join in on Monday, March 20, to strike a chord for the milestone birthday.
Katie Wilkinson, home manager at Field Lodge, said: “We are all looking forward to taking a walk down memory lane and having a good sing-along to celebrate Vera Lynn’s milestone birthday. Singing can be a powerful reminiscence activity, and Vera Lynn has sung a number of iconic songs that many residents are likely to have grown up listening to.”
Ahead of the celebration, residents have been hard at work rehearsing the popular war-time song We’ll Meet Again accompanied by the Brampton and Wyton Military Wives musical director Pat Skinner and some members of the local church choir.
On the day local entertainer, Stacey Wood will also be performing all of Vera Lynn’s classic songs to get everyone in the party spirit.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: The sing-along will take place at Field Lodge, London Road, St Ives, PE27 5EX, from 3.30pm on Monday, March 20.
To attend the event or to find out more, call customer relations manager, Julie May on 01480 878073.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer