Car torched by arsonists on Boxing Day
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set fire to a car in St Neots the early hours of Boxing Day.
Firefighters from the town were called at about 3.35am to a blaze on The Common.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters arrived to find a car on fire in a field. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their station by 4.50am.”
An investigation revealed the cause of the fire was deliberate. Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
In a separate incident, at 8pm on Christmas Eve, crews were called to a fire in Pertenhall Road, Stonely.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from St Neots, Huntingdon and Sawtry, along with crews from Bedford in Bedfordshire, attended the incident.
Firefighters arrived to find a fire in the wall spaces of the property that had spread from the chimney flue pipe. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their stations by 12.25am.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
The cause of the fire was accidental.
A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and brickwork inspected at least once a year, preferably before lighting it. This will help to prevent a fire spreading from the chimney flue to other parts of the property.”