Car fire causes lane closure on stretch of A14
- Credit: Archant
A car has caught fire on a stretch of the A14 between Spittals Interchange and Brampton Hut caused one lane of the road to be blocked earlier today (August 21).
All lanes were re-opened this just before 2pm.
The incident occurred at junction 23, opposite the Marriot hotel, caused a lane to be blocked back to junction 21 of the A1 at Brampton Hut.
Police and fire crews were called to the incident at 11.48am this morning to reports of a car fire involving a grey Peugeot 407.
Smoke and flames were seen coming from the car that was on the eastbound carriage.
Two fire crews from Huntingdon attended and managed to put the fire out by 12.31pm.
According to Cambridgeshire police all passengers were out of the car.
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 3 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 4 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Cambridgeshire
- 6 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 7 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 8 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
- 9 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 10 Site cleared after 'grenade' prompts alarm
The cause of the fire was accidental.