Car fire causes lane closure on stretch of A14
- Credit: Archant
A car has caught fire on a stretch of the A14 between Spittals Interchange and Brampton Hut caused one lane of the road to be blocked earlier today (August 21).
All lanes were re-opened this just before 2pm.
The incident occurred at junction 23, opposite the Marriot hotel, caused a lane to be blocked back to junction 21 of the A1 at Brampton Hut.
Police and fire crews were called to the incident at 11.48am this morning to reports of a car fire involving a grey Peugeot 407.
Smoke and flames were seen coming from the car that was on the eastbound carriage.
Two fire crews from Huntingdon attended and managed to put the fire out by 12.31pm.
According to Cambridgeshire police all passengers were out of the car.
- 1 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 7 Roman Crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 8 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 9 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 10 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
The cause of the fire was accidental.