Car driven wrong way along Huntingdon High Street after purse snatch
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting a man and a woman suspected of stealing a purse before driving the wrong way along Huntingdon High Street.
The theft happened in Waitrose in St Benedict’s Court at about 10.55am today (Wednesday).
A police spokesman said a man and a woman were seen running off towards Huntingdon Library and got in a blue, people carrier-style car.
They then drove through the market stalls in Market Hill and turned right along the High Street.
When they got to the barrier across the road, near the Three Tuns pub, the man got out but could not open it, so drove onto the pavement and off along Hartford Road.
You may also want to watch:
The man was described as white, about 5ft 8in, in his 30s and wore a black cap, jacket and trousers. The woman was of Mediterranean appearance, had dark hair, 5ft, also in her 30s and wore a red top with black sleeves.
INFORMATION: Anyone who can help should call police on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured