Car destroyed in accidental fire on A1 close to Brampton Hut
- Credit: Archant
A car was written off in a fire on the A1 southbound on Saturday night between Brampton Hut and Buckden.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from St Neots and Huntingdon found the car well alight when they arrived at the scene at about 8.21pm.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels to extinguish the fire, and returned to their stations by 9.38pm.
Officers from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire (BCH) Policing Unit attended the scene whilst firefighters delete with the blaze.
A post on the BCH’s Twitter stated that no one was injured as a result of the incident.
The following day (Sunday) a crew from Huntingdon attended a call to a fence on fire in Walnut Tree Drive.
Firefighters arrived at the scene at about 6.02pm, and used a hose reel to extinguish the fire.
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 4 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 5 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 8 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 9 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 10 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
They returned to their station by 6.28pm.
The cause of both fires was accidental.