Car destroyed in accidental fire on A1 close to Brampton Hut
- Credit: Archant
A car was written off in a fire on the A1 southbound on Saturday night between Brampton Hut and Buckden.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from St Neots and Huntingdon found the car well alight when they arrived at the scene at about 8.21pm.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels to extinguish the fire, and returned to their stations by 9.38pm.
Officers from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire (BCH) Policing Unit attended the scene whilst firefighters delete with the blaze.
A post on the BCH’s Twitter stated that no one was injured as a result of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The following day (Sunday) a crew from Huntingdon attended a call to a fence on fire in Walnut Tree Drive.
Firefighters arrived at the scene at about 6.02pm, and used a hose reel to extinguish the fire.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?
They returned to their station by 6.28pm.
The cause of both fires was accidental.