Car burnt out after collision at Wyboston
- Credit: Archant
Two people are believed to have been hurt after a collision on the Old Great North Road at Wyboston this afternoon (Friday) in which a car was destroyed by a fire.
The incident has caused major tailbacks on roads in the area.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said the collision happened at 3.52pm and its crews were at the scene.
The spokesman said there had been reports of two casualties, one of whom had a potential back injury.
A spokesman for Bedfordshire police said: “At approximately 3.50pm we were called to a report of a two car traffic collision in Great North Road, Wyboston.
You may also want to watch:
“Emergency services are at the scene and the road is closed in both directions.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity