Car abandoned on guided busway
Stolen vehicle stuck on track
POLICE are looking for a driver who abandoned a stolen car on the guided busway.
The incident took place on Sunday on the southern section of the busway between Trumpington and Cambridge railway station.
After joining the busway near the station the driver headed towards Trumpington before the front wheels of the car became stuck in one of the traps designed to stop vehicles using the bus-only track.
It is thought the driver went onto the busway by mistake, though the car, a Fiat Punto, was subsequently reported stolen by it’s owner.
You may also want to watch:
The track was not damaged in the incident, and services were unaffected as the busway was not in use at the time.
Anyone with information should contact Cambridgeshire Police on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'