Captain’s Day raises thousands for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Brampton Park Golf Club raised a staggering £17,500 for Target Ovarian Cancer at their annual captain’s charity day.
More than 120 members and guests paid to enter teams of four on a rather gloomy day but spirits were not dampened and an enjoyable day was had by all.
There was even a hole in one recorded.
An auction, raffle, donations, a captains draw and team entry fees raised £17,500 for charity.
Lynne and Richard Fitzjohn organised the event on behalf of the captains, May Burn and John Topping and contacted many local people, golf clubs, shops and club members ensuring an array of items. June Cowper sold more than 3,500 tickets for the captain’s draw.
You may also want to watch:
Members at Brampton Park Golf Club also expressed their gratitude for the continued support from DH for the annual event.
Target Ovarian Cancer raises awareness, funds research and lobbies for better treatment.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'