Police uncover cannabis factory after responding to burglary reports
- Credit: Archant
Police have uncovered a cannabis factory in Little Paxton, which officers believe could have been worth up to £300,000.
Police were responding to reports of a burglary in Skipper Way, at about midday on Wednesday.
They forced entry after hearing people inside and uncovered approximately 350 cannabis plants at various stages of growth.
Two men, aged 21 and 23, were found hiding in the loft and were arrested on suspicion of cultivation of cannabis. They were taken to Parkside Police Station where they remain.
Sgt John Keerie said: "This find has stopped a substantial amount of illegal drugs finding their way to the streets.
"I would encourage anybody who suspects illegal drug activity in their area to get in touch."
Information about illegal drug activity can be reported via www.cambs.police.uk/report or by calling 101.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 Could you give these pets a home?
- 5 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 6 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 9 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 10 Thousands of trees planted in green initiative