Do you recognise men caught on CCTV breaking into fishing tackle shop?
- Credit: Adam Bartlett
The owners of a fishing tackle shop in St Ives have been left devastated after the premises was broken into. They are appealing for help to identify the men involved who were captured on CCTV.
Three men broke into the premises of St Ives Tackle based on the Industrial estate, in Houghton, at 10:20pm on May 20.
The thieves managed to get away with £12-£13,000 worth of fishing gear and equipment.
The family-run business owned by Adam 33, Micky, 36 and Mike Bartlett, 60 were distraught to discover the damage on Friday.
Adam said: “We had no idea that this theft had happened until we turned up the next day. The thieves got away with a lot of high value items.
You may also want to watch:
“The police were here when we turned up, and we gave them a list of what was missing."
The three men drove a stolen van into the roller shutter to access the premises and one man was seen wearing a distinctive Under Armour jumper on the CCTV images.
- 1 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 4 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 5 Notice served to remove travellers from school site
- 6 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 7 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 8 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 9 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 10 Check out our photo gallery of cute family pets
Adam admits it is hard for him to watch the CCTV imagery of the break in and urges anyone if they did see any suspicious activity that evening to contact the police on: www.cambs.police.uk/report/Report